[GRASS-user] labels in ps.map

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 19 17:52:59 EDT 2010

Aldo Clerici wrote:
> it seems that ps.map doesn’t accept more than 10 ‘labels’
> instructions. As this limit is not mentioned in the
> ps.map manual page, I wonder if this can be considered a
> temporary limit or a bug.

If you can reproduce it, I'd consider it a bug. Please file a
ticket in the trac system and I'll fix it as soon as I can find
a little free time.

since the "labels" files are just text, to work around it you
can just go into $MAPSET/paint/labels/ and do

  cat * > all_labels

to combine them all into a single labels file. (they will
remember thier own font sizes, colors, etc)

Hamish