[GRASS-user] GRASS on debian

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 1 15:55:12 EST 2010

Martin:
>> I would also expect that after installing debian
>> package the menu will be updated.
> I guess grass package in ubuntu is taken without any
> modification from debian (my wild guess). So fix debian
> package first.

yeah, we certainly started it (putting icons in place, etc), I
forget where we got with it to though. The basic thing is that
the "grass.desktop" file needs to be copied into
 /usr/share/applications/ if it isn't already.

http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/pkg-grass/packages/grass/trunk/debian/

ah, we were waiting on a file to show up, which now has.
http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/pkg-grass/packages/grass/trunk/debian/grass.desktop?view=markup

that file looks like it still needs some revision, but the
important line is Terminal=true.

For WindowMaker-style WMs (like Fluxbox) the appropriate file
is "grass.menu":
http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/pkg-grass/packages/grass/trunk/debian/grass.menu?view=markup

Hamish