[GRASS-user] Multithreading in GRASS 6.4

LeeDaniel Lee.Daniel.1986 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 19:03:59 EST 2010

Hello,

I'm trying to use multithreading in GRASS 6.4 in OpenSUSE 64-bit installed
from the community repository and am wondering what the best way would be to
set my script. What I'm wanting to do is several r.sun analyses parallel to
one another using a Python script. I've read the wiki page about OpenMP at
http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/OpenMP#Multithreaded_jobs_in_GRASS but don't
quite understand it - it seems that I can activate multithreading
capabilities in GRASS by modifying /lib/gpde/Makefile but I don't have that
file. I also wasn't able to find a whole lot of information about it that I
could understand - I meet the requirement listed at
http://grass.osgeo.org/programming6/gpdelib.html of having a compiler that
supports OpenMP (I've got gcc 4.5), but am unsure of how I should proceed.
Does anyone have any tips?

Happy New Year's and thanks a bunch in advance!
Daniel