[GRASS-user] Strange Build Error Needs Other Eyes

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Dec 30 16:23:59 EST 2010

On Thu, 30 Dec 2010, Markus Neteler wrote:

> You need to look close to the end of the file config.log which
> will contain the error related to sqlite3.

Markus,

configure:10149: checking for sqlite3_open in -lsqlite3
configure:10166: gcc -o conftest -g -O2    -L/usr/lib/  -Wl,--export-dynamic
conftest.c -lsqlite3 -lm  1>&5
/usr/lib//libsqlite3.so: undefined reference to `dlsym'
/usr/lib//libsqlite3.so: undefined reference to `dlerror'
/usr/lib//libsqlite3.so: undefined reference to `dlopen'
/usr/lib//libsqlite3.so: undefined reference to `dlclose'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure: failed program was:
#line 10155 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
     builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
char sqlite3_open();

   I can invoke sqlite3 from the command line so I assume there are no
problems with the libraries. The softlinks have 777 permissions and
libsqlite3.so.0.8.6 has 755 permissions.

Thanks,

Rich