[GRASS-user] Re: d.geodesic & d.rhumbline

Paolo Craveri pcraveri at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 15:53:53 EST 2010

2010/1/30 Paolo Craveri <pcraveri at gmail.com>:
> hi to all
> are there any ways to store in a vector layer  lines drew by
> d.geodesic  and d.rhumbline  (lat/lon location) ;  perhaps  are there
> any analogous tools like  e.g.: v.geodesic and v.rhumbline?
> (grass6.4RC5) ?
>
> What about these two commands in grass 7.0?
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> Paolo C.

Well, I  think there isn't a great interest about d.geodesic and d.rhumbline...
After some research I only  found these:

http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation/manual-1.4/ST_Length_Spheroid.html
http://www.gaia-gis.it/spatialite-2.4.0/road_map.html

but very little about these two (interesting) functions in GRASS.

Anymore tips?

Thanks,
ciao
Paolo C.