[GRASS-user] v.extract - sqlite driver problem

M S mseibel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 09:27:39 EST 2010

I have a bunch of points (4+ million) with one outlier that needs
removed.  I created a vector points file by using r.to.vect to create
a vector points file and associated table in sqlite.

When I run v.extract (v.extract -r input=pointsmod at PERMANENT
output=pointsfixed type=point layer=1 list=3884384 new=-1 --overwrite)
I get the following error upon writing attributes:

Writing attributes...
Cannot allocate memory: can't create fork
Unable to start driver <sqlite>
Unable to copy table
v.extract complete.

db.connect -p outputs:
driver:sqlite
database:$GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/sqlite.db
schema:
group:

I'm on Kubuntu 9.10, using GRASS 6.5.

Thanks,