[GRASS-user] export of a GRASS voxel to .VTK induces deformation

yepri a.yepri at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 06:53:23 EST 2010

Here are the commands I used in GRASS 6.4 RC5 (under OSX Leopard) :

# computation of a 3d raster with z values from z() function
r3.mapcalc Z='z()'

# export to VTK format with top (the srtm DEM) and bottom (a flat surface)
r3.out.vtk Z output=./Z_3dg.vtk -s top=srtm30 bottom=bottom --overwrite

Instead of cutting into the GRASS raster 3d, the r3.out.vtk command deforms
the cells, so that computed z() isosurfaces are not horizontal (see image
grid_inversed_deformed_z below).
I expected top and bottom function of r3.out.vtk to cut into the model,
instead of applying deformation to fit the top and bottom. Am I right ?

http://n2.nabble.com/file/n4528866/grid_inversed_deformed_z.png

thanks for your reply,

cheers