[GRASS-user] Region Definition in GRASS

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Mon Feb 8 12:49:37 EST 2010

Pedro Roma wrote:
> By the way. Instead of being setting everytime g.region xxxx -p can I
> save a region definition
As it says in the g.region manual:
      save=name
           Save current region settings in named region file
So:
g.region xxxx -p save=<your_region_name>
> and use it everytime? If so, how do I load region definition in a script?
Each time you start GRASS it begins with the region settings from the
previous session. You can go to any other saved region by:
g.region region=<your_region_name>

> Thanks
>
> Best regards
> Pedro
>
> On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 6:50 PM, Glynn Clements
> <glynn at gclements.plus.com <mailto:glynn at gclements.plus.com>> wrote:
>

>     Pedro Roma wrote:
>
>     > Ok but for instance. If my region is defined with a Spatial
>     Resolution of
>     > 1kilometer and, if I do some r.mapcalc with two LANDSAT images,
>     the output
>     > image will have which one of the resolutions? the Region or the
>     2 landsat
>     > images?
>
>     The region.
>
>     Most raster modules (including r.mapcalc) generate maps with the
>     bounds and resolution of the current region. Input maps are cropped,
>     padded and/or resampled to the current region, so all processing
>     within the module takes place on the grid defined by the current
>     region.
>
>     The main exceptions are the r.in.* modules, which import files
>     cell-for-cell, using the bounds specified in the file's metadata if
>     present. The current region is ignored.
>
>     Modules which perform their own resampling (e.g. r.resamp.*, r.proj)
>     create output maps according to the current region but read their
>     input maps without cropping or resampling.
>
>     --
>     Glynn Clements <glynn at gclements.plus.com
>     <mailto:glynn at gclements.plus.com>>

Micha Silver