[GRASS-user] Web site: download suggestion added based on operating system

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Feb 8 15:42:17 EST 2010

Hi,

I got some feedback (via phone) that our Web page is too complicated. I
tend to agree...

As a first step, I have implemented operating system detection (a simple
PHP function) which suggests the right download in a more prominent
way:
http://grass.osgeo.org/download/

... same thing as Firefox, Openoffice and the others do. The previous,
complete download page is of course still there.

I think that especially the main page needs to become quite more simple.
Suggestions welcome.

Best
Markus

--