[GRASS-user] r.watershed: Problems Using

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Feb 10 12:53:57 EST 2010

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010, Jarek Jasiewicz wrote:

> it is the size (in cells number) of flow accumulation when r.watershed
> starts delineate streams

Jarek,

   Now that I have a successful run I'd like to learn how to interpret the
output maps. For examples, the accumulation map is a solid rectangle of color
and the stream output has scattered short line segments, and the visual is a
bunch of color. I've read the descriptions on the man page but still have
not grasped how to interpret the results in terms of what they tell me about
the area modeled.

   Pointers and suggestions greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Rich