[GRASS-user] r.watershed: Problems Using

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Feb 10 15:00:02 EST 2010

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010, stephen sefick wrote:

> Stream accumulation map:
> Have you set a reasonable threshold?

Stephen,

   I've no idea. I set the minimum basin size at 5 acres, so using 10m x 10m
cell resolution I came up with a threshold of 21780.

   Attached is a small region showing the output accumulation map (10m cell
size) overlaid with the three project points of interest (the small x's).
The topmost x is on the purple stream line, the one below it represents a
dam with the channel behind it covered by the reservoir storage.

   Using the wxPython GUI display window, querying the uppermost point gives
me the geographic coordinates of the point, nothing about the underlying
accumulation map cell value.

   I'll read the ESRI docs, and a tutorial I found from MicroImage on their
TNTMips (which I vaguely recall from when I last ran Windows more than a
dozen years ago).

Thanks,

Rich