[GRASS-user] r.flow: Insufficient Memory for dsout

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Feb 12 19:26:02 EST 2010

   I was able to run r.flow and produce maps of flow lines and lengths.
However, now that I try to run it again to produce dsout (flow density) it
immediately fails:

GRASS 6.4.0svn (Oregon):/usr4/grassbase > time r.flow -3m elevin=aber3m
aspin=aber3.aspect dsout=aber3.flowdensity  --o
ERROR: G_calloc: unable to allocate 16689 * 8 bytes at alloc_cell.c:83

   top reports that I have about 1.6G free memory (of the 2G installed), and
1.8G of swap.

   What can I do to provide sufficient resources to run this module?

Rich