[GRASS-user] wx georectifier8

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sun Feb 14 13:41:42 EST 2010

On Feb 14, 2010, at 10:01 AM, grass-user-request at lists.osgeo.org wrote:

> Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 01:56:53 +1300
> From: Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com>
> Subject: [GRASS-user] wx georectifier
> To: grass list <grass-user at lists.osgeo.org>
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm a bit confused. How do you set the target locations/mapset with the wxGUI georeferencing tool?
>
> I can exit out and use i.target from the menu after crating the group,
> but only because I know it's there.
>
> ?

You don't set the target. If you do, depending on how/when you do it, it will either have no effect or mess things up. The target is the current location/mapset.

In the old i.points procedure, you...

1) start up in the "source" location/mapset (often an xy location)
2) identify a target location/mapset where you want the georectified file to end up
3) ID ground control points
4) run i.rectify
5) quit GRASS and reopen in the "target" location/mapset to use the new map

In the new georectification interface, you...

1) start up in the "TARGET" location/mapset--i.e., where you want the rectified map to end up
2) ID GCP's
3) run i.rectify (built in to the georectifier)
4) use the new map

Michael