[GRASS-user] Re: calculating maximum and minimum diameters with, GRASS or R and GRASS?

Gary Nobles garynobles at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 22 08:00:09 EST 2010

Is there no simpler way? e.g using the centroid as a center spot and then
find the part of the polygon which is furthest away and use that distance
for max radius? (and min dist for min radius)

or make grass create a circle increasing in size untill it is fully outside
the polygon then use that radius?

Is this beyond GRASS? There must be a way using R - although I am still
learning so I would be greatful of any instructions of how to do this in R
(including which libraries to use) I may have to go to a R forum, any good
ones?