[GRASS-user] Interactive Vector Editing

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Feb 23 13:41:26 EST 2010

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  I want to remove basin boundary lines other than the that for the specific
> project basin. Reading the v.edit man page (and looking at the command line
> in the GUI) I see that this is non-interactive.
>
>  What module can I use in the GUI or console monitor to click on a boundary
> line and delete it?

   Here's more:

   I tried v.edit from the command line specifying the tool as delete and the
feature type as boundary. The boundary lines remain. If I specify the
feature type as centroid, then those disappear. I thought that this module
would remove all remaining lines from the partial basins but that's
apparently not the case.

   The same thing happens when I use the GUI, display attributes, select all
the partial drainage basins in the project area, and delete them. The
centroids are removed but the boundary lines remain.

   What I want for this map is only the single watershed boundary. Not the
partial ones that remain when I overlay the entire state basin map with the
project-specific rectangle, and not that bounding rectangle, either. I
cannot find a module that does this.

Your advice needed,

Rich