[GRASS-user] Re: r.out.gdal and INTERLEAVE=PIXEL

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 23 15:44:19 EST 2010

thedok78 wrote:
> Thanks for all your answer.
> This is the reply from the Gdal list:
> http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/3433
>
> My problem is how to export a raster to be used inside ArcGIS..the procedure
> on the wiki [1] uses INTERLEAVE=PIXEL .

... for multi-band raster exports
> If I use a standard r.out.gdal syntax, the min shown is 2.22 *e^-308 and the
> max 1.97*e^308

... in some ESRI product I guess. That's a bug in that ESRI product, it
should use something like -DBL_MAX but uses DBL_MIN, which would be the
potential data range but not the actual data range. File a bug with
ESRI, wait for it to get fixed, download the fixed version.
Alternatively, adjust the symbology for the raster map you want to
display, if you're lucky, the ESRI product you are using offers a number
of different color rules to be applied to your raster map.