[GRASS-user] major update of r.stream.*

Jarosław Jasiewicz jarekj at amu.edu.pl
Wed Feb 24 13:11:32 EST 2010

Hi list!

I announce major update of r.stream.*:

new nodule r.stream.angle: to calculate stream direction and
inter-stream relation. That module use experimental algorithm to divide
streams int shorter but near-straight line segments, and next calculate
its direction (0-360 downstream). It may also divide line into segments
along ordered lines of the same Strahler, Horton or Main stream order,
depending on user choice. More in the description.

I didn't know any GIS software which do such or similar segmentation. If
someone knows  (open or proprietary) I will be grateful for pointing it.

major update r.stream.distance: now it can calculate distance to
streams/junction/outlet downstream (default, it was previously available
as thje whole module) and new option to calculate distance to the local
or farthest maximum/divides upstream. See more details in the description.

regards
Jarek Jasiewicz