[GRASS-user] [r.resample] null values for min and max range of data values

baobazz baobazz at hotmail.fr
Thu Feb 25 03:21:46 EST 2010

Hello,

Let me introduce myself: I'm french and new to the GRASS Universe
I'm really amazed by all its possibilities and hope I will have the
knowledge take the most of them..

I've got some problems with resampling an image.

Initially, I wanted to vectorize an image
After having imported it, I tried to thin it through the r.thin command.
But the image produced being too big, it caused errors on my computer.
To solve my problem, I decided to reduce my location resolution: res=2, then
that of my raster with r.resample...

The problem is that my resampled raster output is empty.
When typing r.info raster.resampled, I get:
r.info raster.resampled2

 | Layer:    raster.resampled             Date: Tue Feb 16 15:10:35 2010

 | Mapset:   PERMANENT                      |
 | Location: RGF93
|
 | DataBase: D:\GRASS Database
|
 | Title:     ( raster )
|
 | Timestamp: none

 |   Type of Map:  raster               Number of Categories: 0
|
 |   Data Type:    CELL
|
 |   Rows:         500
|
 |   Columns:      500
|
 |   Total Cells:  250000
|
 |        Projection: Lambert Conformal Conic
|
 |            N:    6133000    S:    6132000   Res:     2
|
 |            E:    1235000    W:    1234000   Res:     2
|
 |   Range of data:    min = NULL  max = NULL
|

 |   Data Description:
|
 |    generated by r.in.gdal
|

 |   Comments:
|
 |    r.in.gdal input="C:/tests/GRASS/rasterToVect/BDP_08_1234_6134_010_L9\
|
 |    3.tif" output="raster"

(Mon Feb 22 14:28:09 2010) Command finished (0 sec)

What is strange is the null range of data...

The r.info for my raster input, not resampled is:
r.info raster6133_2

 | Layer:    raster6133_2                   Date: Fri Feb 19 16:35:13 2010

 | Mapset:   PERMANENT                      |
 | Location: RGF93
|
 | DataBase: D:\GRASS Database
|
 | Title:     ( raster6133_2 )
|
 | Timestamp: none

 |   Type of Map:  raster               Number of Categories: 1
|
 |   Data Type:    CELL
|
 |   Rows:         10000
|
 |   Columns:      10000
|
 |   Total Cells:  100000000
|
 |        Projection: Lambert Conformal Conic
|
 |            N:    6133000    S:    6132000   Res:   0.1
|
 |            E:    1235000    W:    1234000   Res:   0.1
|
 |   Range of data:    min = 0  max = 1
|

 |   Data Description:
|
 |    generated by r.in.gdal
|

 |   Comments:
|
 |    r.in.gdal input="C:/tests/vectorisation/BDParcellaire/BDP_08_1234_61\
|
 |    33_010_L93.tif" output="raster6133_2"

Why is the range of data null?
How to solve that problem?

Thanks in advance!