[GRASS-user] High resolution dem

John Tate john.tate at ntlworld.com
Thu Feb 25 06:11:23 EST 2010

Hi Frank,

Not sure this will help, as I am slightly unsure what you are attempting, but
you may be able to apply what I did to create a DEM from tiles.

I interpolated my 70 1km tiles with v.surf.rst by interpolating a 1050x1050
cell area (1.05kmsq). I cropped with g.region and r.mapcalc to 1020X1020
(incase of any artefacts - trees are bad for that), and then patched (r.patch)
them all together. The patching should average out any differences. I then
cropped out each 1km tile (1000x1000).

This was done so that the 1km tiles could be combined for specific areas by
different people (e.g. only a 4kmsq area for academic 'a' or a 6kmsq area 2km
away for academic 'b').

Anyway, from what I understand of your scenario, a hole in a DEM to insert
another DEM, create at least a 20 cell overlap for both datasets and r.patch.

Hope this helps

John