[GRASS-user] Warning message while using r.in.gdal

António Rocha antonio.rocha at deimos.com.pt
Thu Feb 25 13:26:50 EST 2010

Hi all

I have Location/Mapset with this characteristics:
g.region
-p
projection: 3 (Latitude-Longitude)
zone:       0
datum:      wgs84
ellipsoid:  wgs84

I'm I'm trying to import a file with the following geographic
characteristics (using gdalinfo):
Driver: GTiff/GeoTIFF
Files: euro_area_latlong.tif
Size is 1721, 595
Coordinate System is:
GEOGCS["WGS 84",
    DATUM["unknown",
        SPHEROID["unnamed",6378137,298.2572235629972]],
    PRIMEM["Greenwich",0],
    UNIT["degree",0.0174532925199433]]

When I do r.in.gdal, to import this file, I get the following Warning:
Datum <unknown> not recognised by GRASS and no parameters found
Projection of input dataset and current location appear to match

It imports but it wasn't suppose to get this error since i'm using the
same coordinate/projection system. How can I avoid this? Should I add
more information to destination_projection when I warped that file?

Thanks

Best regards
Antonio

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4896 (20100225) __________