[GRASS-user] ps.map: Adding Raster Legend

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Feb 28 17:47:51 EST 2010

   When displaying a raster map in the console monitor (d.mon) I can specify
d.rast.leg to have the color legend displayed. How do I do display the
raster map's color legend within ps.map?

   The 'label' command works on vector maps (lines, areas, points) but I
cannot find the equivalent command for raster maps. Would the 'read' command
work; the example on the man page suggests that it's for vector maps. Most
of the figures in the report I'm preparing are raster maps and I need the
color legend to accompany each one.

Rich