[GRASS-user] d.out.file Usage (version -6.5svn)

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Jan 3 15:45:40 EST 2010

   When I use d.out.file specifying format=ps and paper=us-letter I don't get
the results I expect from reading the man page. I don't now know if the same
issues arise with version-6.4svn; I'll try that latter today.

   In both the basin and closeup maps I use d.text to label the stream name.
The label is in the proper position and at proper size on the display
monitor. However, in the PostScript (and PDF) output the label size is
increased and it's moved relative to its position on the display. Is this
something I can control?

   I don't understand the size option. Is it to be presented in pixels,
picas, centimeters, inches, percent of the page? When I specify
paper=us-letter, why do I get extra border lines on the left and top of the
image itself?

   How do size, resolution, and paper relate to each other? Are they
mutally exclusive?

Thanks,

Rich