[GRASS-user] r.shade.relief: Results Not As Expected

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Jan 4 18:46:27 EST 2010

   Assuming the 10m resolution of the DEM was too coarse I used g.region to
change the resolution to 1m, then ran r.resamp.interp with method=bicubic.
This was followe by r.shade.relief. The resulting map looks like a
basin-and-range province, with mountains running north-south in parallel.
That's not what the basin and surrounding area looks like.

   I've no idea what I'm doing incorrectly that I cannot produce a proper
shaded relief map. I can provide command lines, input DEM and output map if
any of this helps. The maps can be provided as screenshots if that works.

Rich