[GRASS-user] DEM Issues

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Jan 4 19:56:52 EST 2010

   I don't know if this is best done off the list or on it, but I cannot
create shaded relief, slope, aspect, pcurve, or other maps from my project
area DEM. There must be something elemental that I'm missing despite reading
the GRASS book (2nd ed.) and man pages. If there's anything on the Wiki I
missed it.

   I have all the projection, resolution, and other data for the original DEM
(from the accompanying metadata), the imported raster map, and the resampled
1m map (the last from r.info) and will provide those if it helps.

   Until I get these maps produced and really understand how to manipulate
this elevation data I cannot start exploring the hydrologic and stream
modules. But I need to quickly get to them.

TIA,

Rich