[GRASS-user] Compiling NVIZ / OpenGL with nVidia drivers

John Stevenson John.Stevenson at manchester.ac.uk
Wed Jan 6 07:52:00 EST 2010

Hi,

Perhaps more a general Linux question than a specific grass one, but
does anyone know how to compile GRASS with OpenGL and NVIZ support?

I am running Ubuntu 9.04 with the proprietary nVidia drivers for my
graphics card.  Whenever I try to install OpenGL it breaks my nVidia
settings.  NVIZ works fine when I download the binary in a
pre-compiled version of grass.

So far, I can only get grass to compile with --without-opengl.

Thanks

John

--
Dr John Stevenson