[GRASS-user] Pos-classification processing

Pedro Roma pedroroma1982 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 11:32:37 EST 2010

Hello All
This is my first email to GRASS mailing list.

at my college we are using ArcGIS Spatial Analyst tool to perform some
pos-classification processing. Our objective is to apply a semantic
generalization operation by:
- eliminating clusters with a size bellow defined Minimum Mapping area;
- Erosion&Shrink/Expand in order to create buffers;
- apply filters in order to implement a boundary smooth.

All this functions are available at ArcGIS but I want to use them in GRASS,
since it's a Open Source tool, and demonstrate the best assets of this
software.

Could anyone point me a few functions/modules that can perform this tasks?

Gracias

Pedro