[GRASS-user] Compiling NVIZ / OpenGL with nVidia drivers

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 6 15:18:28 EST 2010

John:

Glynn wrote:
> It's more of an Ubuntu question than a general Linux question.
>
> To compile source code which uses OpenGL, You need the
> headers and and an unversioned library symlink (i.e. libGL.so).
>
> These are often provided in a separate "development" package, as you
> don't need them to run the program, only to compile it.

have a look at the "build-depends" lines here:
 http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/pkg-grass/packages/grass/trunk/debian/control

that is what goes into building the debian/ubuntu package.

you can find the ./configure line in here:
 http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/pkg-grass/packages/grass/trunk/debian/rules

> If there are separate OpenGL packages for nVidia and X.org,
> there may be separate development packages, or there may be a single
> package for use with either version.

those probably exist, but I've got no idea about them.  (libglu1-*)

Hamish