[GRASS-user] v.out.ogr kml error

henry83 heamaya at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 19:06:25 EST 2010

Hi everyone! I have created a contour map from a SRTM elevation model, after
filling nulls, filling depressions and creating the contour map I need to
export it to kml.

I have used the following command

v.out.ogr input=srtm_contours dsn=/home/henry/srtm_contours.kml format=KML

output:

WARNING: Vector map <srtm_contours> is 3D. Use format specific
         layer creation options (parameter 'lco') to export in 3D rather
         than 2D (default)
Exporting 360384 points/lines...
 100%
360384 features written

The thing is that if I try to open the generated file with google earth it
gets hanged...

Arterwards I tried to add this to the command:

dsco="AltitudeMode=absolute"

Neither I've gotten a good result. Does this problem have to be with "lco"
parameter? Because I really don't know what to put in that parameter, and I
really need to get the contours over google earth.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.