[GRASS-user] Patch raster maps very slow - Is there a way to speed this up?

stephen sefick ssefick at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 08:20:34 EST 2010

I have generated DEM tiles (65ish) from LIDAR data in its natural
projection NC state plane feet (the area covered is about 300 squared
miles).  I have reprojected them into UTM 17 nad 83.  These DEMs are
1m resolution.  I am using r.patch and it has been running for three
days now and it is 45% done...  Would it be faster to stop this
process, patch them in there native projection and then reproject them
to UTM?  I am running GRASS 6.5.
kind regards,

--
Stephen Sefick

Let's not spend our time and resources thinking about things that are
so little or so large that all they really do for us is puff us up and
make us feel like gods.  We are mammals, and have not exhausted the
annoying little problems of being mammals.

								-K. Mullis