[GRASS-user] Trouble setting location and projection

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 12 07:03:29 EST 2010

bharath1234 wrote:
> but i installed correctly without any error ....

how did you install it? by a package or with make + make install?

if so, you probably have to add /usr/local/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf
and re-run ldconfig (as root). This adds the new library to the
main library search path.

see  http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_FAQ#Installation
and other hits for 'ldconfig' on the wiki.

another way is to set the $LD_LIBRARY_PATH enviro variable.

> please reply me as early as possible why because i have to
> do one project in grass ......

I hope you will continue to do many more as well!

Hamish