[GRASS-user] Legend for vector map

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jan 13 18:16:27 EST 2010

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010, Markus Neteler wrote:

> I agree than making legends for vector maps isn't that nice yet but work
> is underway in the new ps.map and maybe upcoming efforts to make nice user
> maps. Also d.vect.thematic comes to mind.

   I had a problem with the labels so I used the text command to place them.
It worked. My client likes the location map and told me it will make an
excellent trial exhibit.

   My point is that exceptional analytic capabilities needs to be matched by
exceptional cartographic abilities for those of us who need paper/pdf
results.

Rich