[GRASS-user] Error while adding north-arrow in GRASS6.4

António Rocha antonio.rocha at deimos.com.pt
Mon Jan 18 12:11:40 EST 2010

Greetings all

I have a location with a region with the following characteristics:
projection: 3 (Latitude-Longitude)
zone:       0
datum:      wgs84
ellipsoid:  wgs84
north:      83:00:10N
south:      34N
west:       11:00:10W
east:       41:00:00.000002E
nsres:      0:00:10
ewres:      0:00:10
rows:       17641
cols:       18721
cells:      330257161

When I try to add north arrow/Scale to the map I get a ERROR-Window with
the following:
error in command execution: d.barscale.exe at=0,5 --q
Error: b.barscale does not work with a latitude-longitude location

And the following error is printed in the command output:
*Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-6.4.0svn\etc\wxpython\gu
i_modules\gdialogs.py", line 416, in OnOK

# close dialog
  File "C:\GRASS6\etc\wxpython\gui_modules\mapdisp.py", line
785, in UpdateMap

for img in self.GetOverlay():
  File "C:\GRASS6\etc\wxpython\gui_modules\mapdisp.py", line
647, in GetOverlay

if os.path.isfile(overlay.mapfile) and
os.path.getsize(overlay.mapfile):
  File "C:\GRASS6\Python25\lib\ntpath.py", line 283, in
isfile

st = os.stat(path)
TypeError
:
coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType found
*

Is this a bug or is this something that would be expected? If it's a bug
I will add to the trac

THanks

Best regards,
Antonio Rocha