[GRASS-user] Defining color table rules

Pedro Roma pedroroma1982 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 10:14:22 EST 2010

Greetings all

I'm reading r.colors manual webpage (
http://grass.itc.it/grass64/manuals/html64_user/r.colors.html) and I have a
few questions related with defining new color tables.
1- At color (in Parameters) one of the options is rules. But if i select
rules and insert a path to a rules file I get this error:
*ERROR: "color", "rules", and "raster" options are mutually exclusive*

*
*

Was this suppose to happen?

2- About color tables with absolute values (e.g. NDVI) if a NDVI pixel  has
value between 2 defined values, which color does it get?

3- About aspectcolr*.* To each category a color is assigned (e.g. white,
yellow bla bla bla). Is there a list of possible colors to assign?

4- Regarding assigning a rules.info to a map (as it's demonstrated in the
same manual page). There are two ways. How come r.colors can use, as an
input, rules.info if it's stated before the r.colors statement.
cat rules.file | r.colors map=threecats color=rules

5- One last question :) I tried to display the color table associated with a
raster map layer (d.colortable) but I get the following message:
Command 'd.colortable' not yet implemented

Thanks for your help :)

Best regards,
Pedro Roma