[GRASS-user] compiling grass 64bit under vista?

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Tue Jan 19 16:11:09 EST 2010

hi,

>Dear all,
>
>I have used grass under Vista, and compiled it using
>Msys/OSgeo4W version. If I am not wrong I will get only
>a 32bit grass, because Msys/gcc and some of libs downloadable
>from the links http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/CompileOnWindows
>deal with 32bit instead 64.
>
>Is there a way of I prepare and environment under Vista to
>compile it with 64b? May be someone could help
>to preparar a *CompileOnWindows64* :-)
>
>Any hint are welcome.

there seems to be a working mingw64-environment:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/

"The mingw-w64 project is a complete runtime environment for gcc to support
binaries native to Windows 64-bit and 32-bit operating systems. "

maybe mixing 32bit-dependecies from osgeo4w and 64bit GRASS isn't a very good idea,
so maybe it would be necessary to build a new 64bit building environment with mingw64
and 64bit dependecies like gdal, proj, tcltk, etc.

but it would be a nice idea ... :o)

best regards
Helmut

Preisknaller: WEB.DE DSL Flatrate für nur 16,99 Euro/mtl.!
http://produkte.web.de/go/02/