[GRASS-user] Wxpython GUI in UBUNTU 9.10

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 19 18:38:32 EST 2010

Micha wrote:
> Check if you have installed the package python-wxversion:
> micha at RMS:~$ dpkg -l | grep wxversion
> ii  python-wxversion    2.8.10.1-0ubuntu1

The 6.4 GRASS package there only Suggests python-wxgtk2.8 (which
depends on python-wxversion), it isn't a mandatory requirement (tcl is).
Maybe we should bump that up to "recommends".

you might have a look at the other optional packages at
  http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/grass
and decide if you want to install them too.

(sure, it could fail in a cleaner way too!)

Hamish