[GRASS-user] r.fillnulls failing

John Tate john.tate at ntlworld.com
Tue Jan 26 04:22:24 EST 2010

On Tuesday 26 January 2010 02:13:28 stephen sefick wrote:
> I have a rather large map that I need to fill the null values in.  I
> have compiled grass 6.5.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Is
> this the proper way to go about this?
>
> r.fillnulls --overwrite input=ft_bragg_lidar_2009
> output=ft_bragg_lidar_2009_no_nullsLocating and isolating NULL

v.surf.bspline, v.surf.idw and v.surf.rst are good for LiDAR and proven
through various journal articles. I have found that v.surf.idw has as good
results as these others with default parameters (only 2!) but is 10 times
faster in processing. So if you don't have the time for v.surf.rst, idw may be
the way to go for a quick or large map solution.

John