[GRASS-user] g.region error message

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Jan 26 22:08:30 EST 2010

On Wed, 27 Jan 2010, Markus Neteler wrote:

> Can you please try with the latest 6.4.SVN snapshot?
> http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/source/snapshot/
>
> ... and report back?

Markus,

   I, too, was hit with this error earlier this afternoon. I was trying to
run r.slope.aspect on a 1m DEM and kept getting errors about an inability to
write a row. Suspecting the file was much too large and the results
unusable, I killed the process and found the same problem with g.region.

   This was after downloading the latest weekly snapshot of 6.4 from the
subversion repository, and rebuilding it here.

   Turns out that the WIND file for that mapset was empty; copying over the
WIND~ made no difference, so I ran 'g.region -d' and that fixed the problem.

Rich