[GRASS-user] Which version to start working

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Jan 27 18:15:15 EST 2010

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 6:18 PM, Luisa Peña <luisapena1979 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings
> I've been browsing around GRASS website and GRASS wikis and I pretend to
> start working on GRASS in a LINUX system. Besides normal GRASS operations I
> also want to develop a few modules/scripts that I will probably need.
> What I want to know is from which version should I start? 6.4, 6.5 or 7?

If you want to use the scripts in production, use 6.4. This version
will be supported
for long; things can radically change in 7 without announcement (since it is
a development version).
But to be ready for GRASS 7 in future, consider to write them in Python,
not in Shell script.

Hope this helps,
Markus