[GRASS-user] Problems Running r.flow

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jan 28 11:01:33 EST 2010

On Thu, 28 Jan 2010, Glynn Clements wrote:

> That's a bug in r.flow:
>
>    if (!((region.ew_res == hd.ew_res)
> 	  && (region.ns_res == hd.ns_res)))
> 	G_fatal_error(_("Elevation file's resolution differs from current region resolution"));

> Try the attached patch. It replaces the exact comparison with a check that
> the resolutions agree to within 1ppm.

Glynn,

   Perhaps I've specified the region incorrectly, but the patch makes no
difference. Upon invoking GRASS I run 'g.region rast=aber5m res=5 -ap'
followed by 'r.flow elevin=aber5m aspin=aber5aspect flout=aberFlowline
lgout=aberFlowlength' and immediately see:

ERROR: Elevation file's resolution differs from current region resolution

   I'm surprised this issue's not come up before.

Thanks,

Rich