[GRASS-user] Snapping lines to one fix layer

Sonja Jankowfsky sonja.jankowfsky at cemagref.fr
Fri Jan 29 05:27:54 EST 2010

Hello,

I've got one detailed land-use map and one calculated sub-basin map,
which I want to intersect in order to create hydrological response units
(they will also be intersected with geology and soil maps at a later step).

The intersection will give me all sorts of polygons and a lot of small
polygons.  I suppose, that my land-use map, which was digitized manually
is correct, and I don't want to loose this information. Contrary, the
sub-basin map, which was calculated automatically can be changed.

So, I'm looking for a tool to snap the sub-basin borders to the land-use
borders. If I use v.clean rmarea, this will union the small polygons,
but change my land-use borders. I tried also to run v.clean snap several
times, but this will still change the land-use limits.

Is there any tool in GRASS where I can say to which layer I want to snap
another layer of polygons or lines?

Many thanks,

Sonja

I can eliminate them with v.clean, rmarea or snap.
--
Sonja Jankowfsky
UR Hydrologie-Hydraulique