[GRASS-user] r.param.scale Incorrect Output

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jan 29 16:46:32 EST 2010

On Thu, 28 Jan 2010, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  I'm stymied trying to get output from r.param.scale that is equivalent to
> the example on the bottom of the man page.

   Turns out it's all a matter of scale. When I zoom in to the specific area
of interest within the drainage basin the output map ('morphology') is much
better represented. Still doesn't show any peaks, saddles, or other
features, but that may be because the local topographic changes don't fall
within the algorithm's definitions.

Rich