[GRASS-user] Measuring Stream Lengths

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Jan 30 18:26:39 EST 2010

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010, Dylan Beaudette wrote:

> Check out v.to.db for uploading things like line segment length to the
> attribute table of your vectorized stream lines.

Dylan,

   This module needs to have the column name and attribute already present.
My data source has nothing in the table other than ID information (based on
long/lat and name, if available). There may be other ESRI look up tables
with reach length and other useful data, but I've not converted those from
.dbf to SQLite.

   I suppose that I need to digitize on the monitor to get the lengths, but I
wonder how accurate that would be.

   Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

Rich