[GRASS-user] Re: Wingrass 6.4 with MSYS does not work

Luigi Ponti lponti at inbox.com
Tue Jul 6 09:47:48 EDT 2010

Dear Daniel,

On 06/07/2010 14:03, Daniel Victoria wrote:
> Another thing I just noticed looking at grass64svn script
>
> ArcGIS has set the variable PYTHONPATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\bin

I don't know, but there seem to be no "PYTHONPATH" string in the my
GRASS installation folder.
> Could that be related?
>
> On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 8:54 AM, Daniel Victoria
> <daniel.victoria at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I don't see any leftover cygwin instalation in my path. I even tried
>> removing python(xy) to see if that was the culprit.
>> Here are some of the environmental variables set in the msys shell
>> that I believe influences grass:
>>
>> PATH=.:/usr/local/bin:/mingw/bin:/bin:/c/Windows/system32:/c/Windows:/c/Windows/System32/Wbem:/c/Windows/System32/WindowsPowerShell/v1.0/:/c/Program
>> Files (x86)/OpenSSH/bin:/c/Windows/System32

There is a mingw thing that may be where bash.exe comes from. Why do you
need mingw in GRASS MSys? Wingrass has its own copy of MSys, and should
not need to point to /mingw/bin or anything else related to unix shell.
Kind regards,

Luigi