[GRASS-user] Script Directory in Ubuntu

stephen sefick ssefick at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 09:12:03 EDT 2010

I put my GRASS scripts in a scripts folder that I created in my home
directory and add that to the PATH definition in my .bashrc file.
hth,  If you like I can pass along a script that downloads from svn
and compiles GRASS with the r.stream libraries from add-ons.  Works
fine on my ubuntu 10.04.
hth,

Stpehen

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 8:07 AM, LeeDaniel <Lee.Daniel.1986 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I know, this is an extremely rudimentary question, but please bear with me:
>
> I developed a bunch of scripts that I need on OpenSUSE. I was able to call
> them up in GRASS by typing in their name. They were stored in the directory:
> /opt/grass/scripts/
>
> Recently I started working on a second computer using Ubuntu. I installed
> GRASS without any problems (although I can't get the wxpython GUI to start,
> but that's a problem to deal with later) and can't find where to put my
> scripts. I've found a number of scripts in the path:
> /usr/local/grass-6.4.0RC6/scripts/
>
> I've copied my scripts into that directory and set ownership rights to
> myself, my group. The scripts are executable. Still, when I try to call e.g.
> a simple shell script from the tcl/tk GUI I get the following message:
> couldn't execute "r.script": no such file or directory
>
> After that, a window pops up named "dialog0". It's empty.
>
> The folder /opt/ is empty on the Ubuntu computer - dir as sudo also tells me
> it's empty, so it's got nothing to do with rights...
>
> Anybody have a tip? I'd be really grateful, the Ubuntu computer has a much
> better processor and my other computer would be a little challenged to keep
> up with it.
>
> Best,
> Daniel
> --

Stephen Sefick
____________________________________
| Auburn University                                   |
| Department of Biological Sciences           |
| 331 Funchess Hall                                  |
| Auburn, Alabama                                   |
| 36849                                                    |
| sas0025 at auburn.edu                             |
| http://www.auburn.edu/~sas0025             |

Let's not spend our time and resources thinking about things that are
so little or so large that all they really do for us is puff us up and
make us feel like gods.  We are mammals, and have not exhausted the
annoying little problems of being mammals.

                                -K. Mullis