[GRASS-user] r.watershed segment_seek error

Chris Caveny-Cox Chris.Caveny-Cox at co.gaston.nc.us
Wed Jul 14 13:10:18 EDT 2010

I am attempting to process a mosaiced raster through r.watershed and it's erroring out fairly early in the process with the following command output

segment_seek: Invalid argument
Failed seek in segment file for index = 0 n = 13422 at col:row 24400:20000
cseg_read_cell(): unable to segment put row for [sfdem at PERMANENT] in [PERMANENT]
segment_seek: Invalid argument
Failed seek in segment file for index = 0 n = 13422 at col:row 24400:20000
cseg_read_cell(): unable to segment put row for [sfdem at PERMANENT] in [PERMANENT]
segment_pagein: read EOF
cseg_put(): could not write segment file
 Subprocessfailed with exit code 1
category information for [sfacc1k] in [PERMANENT] missing or invalid
category information for [sfdr1k] in [PERMANENT] missing or invalid
category information for [sfba1k] in [PERMANENT] missing or invalid
category information for [sfstr1k] in [PERMANENT] missing or invalid
category information for [sfh1k] in [PERMANENT] missing or invalid

Realizing it's a fairly large raster (736557332 cells) I have tried increasing the segment library size for tile processing by increasing the amount of maximum memory to use with the disk swap option, but to no avail.  I have also tried this processing on both Linux and Windows builds of GRASS 6.4 with the same results.  Knowing that it is probably something very simple I would like to ask for your help!  I am unfamiliar with GRASS errors and have had a dickens of a time finding documentation on them.

Thanks!

Chris Caveny-Cox, MCSE | Extension Agent, 4-H Youth Development
NC State University | Gaston County, North Carolina
Phone: 704.922.2110 | Fax: 704.922.2140
chris_caveny-cox at ncsu.edu | http://gaston4-h.blogspot.com | http://gaston.ces.ncsu.edu

Pursuant to North Carolina General Statute, Chapter 132, email
correspondence to and from this address may be considered public
record under the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be
disclosed to third parties.