[GRASS-user] Second r.sun question

Jonathan Greenberg greenberg at ucdavis.edu
Sat Jul 17 02:00:58 EDT 2010

Hamish and co:

Thanks -- already went through the long, arduous task of running
r.horizon -- I think the main benefit is that, unlike r.sun, you can
set a fixed search window size (hint hint, this would be a nice
feature to add to r.sun) -- my understanding is that for each pixel in
a DEM, r.sun will search through every other pixel in the entire
image, correct?

On the subject of r.sun and r.horizon, do I want to enable the -s flag
or does r.sun use r.horizon outputs as long as the horizons and
horizon steps are listed as parameters?

--j