[GRASS-user] Using shell and perl scripts via a python script in windows, or better change to Linux?

Sonja Jankowfsky sonja.jankowfsky at cemagref.fr
Tue Jul 20 12:09:09 EDT 2010

Hello,

I’ve started to develop some pre-processing steps for a hydrological
model using python scripts with winGRASS 6.4. Now, I got some very
useful shell and perl scripts including Grass functions developed under
Linux, which I wanted to use.

Does anybody know if it is possible to start these scripts from a python
script under windows?

There are more than 50 scripts, which depend on each other, and I don’t
have the time to translate them to python (I still have to develop my
hydrological model). So, I’m looking for the fastest way.

1) Is it in this case better to change to Linux? Can I run these shell
and perl scripts easily with python in Linux?

2) Would it be better to adapt these scripts to the windows environment?
In this case, what would have to be changed? (I don’t know shell, nor perl)

Many thanks for any hint!

Sonja