[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] Get current location projection in a Python Script

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Jul 22 02:35:26 EDT 2010

Nikos Alexandris wrote:

> Is  python's "int()" truncating or rounding up values? The question came to me
> while thinking of r.mapcalc's respective functions ( i.e. "int() != round()" )

In this case, neither; it's just converting strings to integers. The
rows and cols values in the g.region output will always be integers.

If you pass a floating-point value to int(), it will be truncated
(i.e. rounded towards zero):

	1
	> int(-1.9)
	-1

If you pass a string containing a decimal point to int(), it will
raise an exception:

	> int("1.9")
	Traceback (most recent call last):
	  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
	ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '1.9'