[GRASS-user] Surface spot interpolates heights for pointis in a feature class from surface

Moskovitz, Bob Bob.Moskovitz at conservation.ca.gov
Fri Jul 23 20:11:24 EDT 2010

You should take a look at v.what.rast.  According to the manual:
	v.what.rast reads raster value for each point in the vector and updates col column in vector attribute table by this value.
	The column should be type number (integer, float, double, ... ). If more points have the same category, attribute value is set
	to NULL. If raster values is NULL, attribute value is set to NULL.

-Bob

Bob Moskovitz
Seismic Hazards Mapping Program
California Geological Survey

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This message contains information from the State of California, California Geological Survey, which may be privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law, including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act. If the reader of this communication is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.