[GRASS-user] Re: Online database with GRASS

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Mon Jul 26 14:30:44 EDT 2010

On 07/25/2010 04:42 PM, LeeDaniel wrote:
> Hi... Just in case the question got lost, since it's been a few days since I
> asked, here's my old post. I haven't gotten any replies yet :(

ֵThe best combination, IMHO is PostGIS for the database backend, and
Openlayers for displaying on the web. It's certainly possible to display
GRASS vectors directly on the web, but, unless there's some specific
reason to choose this option, I wouldn't. It puts an added complexity
into the toolchain.
Finish your analyses in GRASS, then export the vectors to PostGIS, and
call the PostGIS spatial layers from a webpage with the Openlayers
javascript library.
I don't think anyone can give more specific guidance until there are
more specific questions.
--
Micha

--